We are seeking a highly skilled, experienced and knowledgeable Chief Accounting Officer/Commercial Director to join our Company. In this position, the incumbent leads in defining and redefining, as required, the Company Finance Strategy – with primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. As part of the executive management team, reporting to the President, the position holder is also responsible for making critical business decisions by analyzing, and presenting key financial data as well as working closely and collaborating with other Functional Heads and budget-holders.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the Finance and Accounting team.
- Providing strategic recommendations to the President, other members of the Executive Management team, Functional Heads and Senior Managers.
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning.
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management, external partners and stakeholders.
- Reviewing and updating as required all formal Finance, Procurement, Accounting and IT related procedures.
- Monitoring and controlling risks by conducting reviews and audits of the various business units.
- Reporting identified risk concerns/issues/recommendations to the President and the Board of Directors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post Graduate Degree in Accounts or Finance from a recognised institution. An MBA in Finance would definitely be an asset.
- A professional chartered accounting designation (CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent).
- At least 10 years’ experience – Seven (7) years should be at a senior management level.
- Knowledge of tax laws, legal financial reporting methods and standards, government mandated regulations and conversant with current accounting principles, practices, and standards (IFRS).
The position holder is expected to demonstrate the following competencies at a high level to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Sound knowledge in financial and operations management principles and practices.
- Strong management capabilities and financial prowess.
- Strategic, analytical and decision making skills
- Strong people management, sales planning and entrepreneurial business management skills.
- Strong negotiating, conflict mediation and presentation skills.
- Sound problem-solving skills.
- Adequate computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Broad understanding of all key areas of the organization.
- Ability to manage time and subordinates effectively and strategically partner with the executive and senior management team.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill this role. An application along with your resume should be submitted to [email protected] no later than June 30, 2019.
We thank all interested candidates in advance, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.