Rose HallGreat House
The Story: White Witch of Rose Hall
At the heart of the property is the historic Rose Hall Great House, a restored 18th-century architectural masterpiece. Home of the notorious White Witch of Rose Hall: Annee Palmer. Known famously to have killed three husbands and taken on numerous slave lovers, only to die by the hands of the one she loved the most. The Rose Hall Great House offers both Day and Night guided Tours in over 10 languages.
The beauty and views of the Rose Hall Great House is sure to capture your heart. Neighbouring luxury residential communities, featuring golf course frontage with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and home to two of the Caribbean’s most widely acclaimed golf courses, Rose Hall offers 36 holes of championship play designed by Rick Baril, Robert von Hagge.
Rose Hall Great House & Garden Tour
Monday-Saturday From 9:00am to 5:00pm
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
Immerse yourself in the heritage of the island as your expert guide shares the story of this colonial ruin restored to its former majesty in the 1960’s. Learn about the lifestyle of the European bourgeoisie in the isles of the Caribbean in the Eighteenth Century. The tale of the Annee Palmer, the famed White Witch of Rose Hall is sure to delight. Beautiful tropical gardens and personalities will colour your experience with fun along the way!
Rose Hall Great House Tours After Dark
Wednesday-Saturday From 6:00pm to 9:00pm
At night, Rose Hall is not for the faint of heart! Immerse yourself in the lifestyle of the 19th-century European bourgeoisie…but with a twist. You will come to know the true horrors of the “White Witch of Rose Hall”, Annee Palmer, and the many spirits that walk the halls of the Rose Hall Great House at night. Hear the spine-chilling historic tale of the notorious murders and feel the house come alive through an interactive tour set in the 19th century… Afterwards, steady your nerves with a ‘Witches Brew’ cocktail at the Dungeon Bar.
Visit us today… the White Witch awaits.
- The Legend of Rose Hall
- Jamaica’s ONLY Haunted Night Tour
- Guided tour of the Rose Hall Great House
- Tours are conducted in English. However, scripts are available in over ten (10) languages.
- Historical Museum
- 18th Century Graveyard
- Bird Watching (Day & Garden Tour)
- Nature Walk (Day & Garden Tour)
- Shop at the Annee’s Treasure for authentic Jamaican arts and crafts
- Witches Brew Cocktail at Dungeon Bar (not included in tour cost)
- Duration – 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Day Tour: $30 USD / $12 USD for ages 4 – 11 years old
- Night Tour: $35 USD / $15 USD for ages 4 – 11 years old
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable Shoes
- Reservations are required for all Haunted Night Tours
- Reservations are required for groups over 15
- Transportation is not provided to tour location
- Tour duration is not inclusive of travel time to tour location
- All tours are weather permitting
- No photos or videos are allowed in the house
- Not recommended for the physically challenged
- Not recommended for people with back problems or who have had a recent back surgery
- Not handicapped accessible
Frequently Asked Questions
Rose Hall Great House Tours
At the Rose Hall, we offer three Great House Tours. These include:
- Rose Hall Great House: Day and Garden Tour– historical day tour of the 18th-century mansion.
- Rose Hall Great House: Haunted Night Tour– a historical and interactive tour (with actors) of the 18th-century mansion at night.
- Cinnamon Hill Great House Tour– historical tour of the Jamaican vacation home of famous country legends Johnny and June Cash.
The Rose Hall Great House is open from Mondays to Saturdays and is closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Rose Hall Great House: Day and Garden Tour- Mondays to Saturdays 9:15 am to 4:00 pm
- Rose Hall Great House: Haunted Night Tour- Wednesdays to Saturdays 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Cinnamon Hill Great House Tour– Mondays to Fridays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Rose Hall Great House: Day and Garden Tour- Tours are facilitated any time between the hours of 9:15 am and 4:00 pm.
Rose Hall Great House: Haunted Night Tour (RESERVATIONS REQUIRED)- 6:00 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:00 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:00 pm.
Cinnamon Hill Great House Tour– Tours are facilitated any time between the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Each tour is approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
Rose Hall Great House: Day and Garden Tour- US$25 per adult and US$10 per child (12 years and under). Children 2 years and under are free.
Rose Hall Great House: Haunted Night Tour- US$30 per adult and US$12 per child (12 years and under). Children 2 years and under are free.
Cinnamon Hill Great House Tour-US$25 per adult and US$10 per child (12 years and under). Children 2 years and under are free.
You can book directly via our website to receive discounted prices. Please click the following link to book https://rosehall.com/rose-hall/
Currently, there are transportation providers that we work closely with to assist visitors with transportation to and from their hotels. Please note that the transportation cost is not included in the tour cost and is at an additional charge. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No, we do not provide accommodations. However, we are in close proximity to many all-inclusive hotels, resorts, and villas, along the Elegant Corridor, Rose Hall, St. James.
The Rose Hall Great House Day & Garden Tour and Haunted Night Tour are conducted in English. However, there are scripts in ten (10) languages available at Admissions. These languages include Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Polish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, Dutch, and Italian.
Rose Hall Day Tour
Rose Hall Night Tour
Are you a Tour Representative?
Register with Rose Hall Great House Tours for access to our exclusive tours, deals and more.